Who We Are
The Association of Salem Keizer Education Support Professionals (ASK ESP) is an organization committed to advocating for education support professionals within the Salem-Keizer Public Schools. We represent approximately 2,800 educators and are the largest union of classified support staff in the state of Oregon. Our mission is to promote excellence in education and to advocate for student achievement.
What We Believe In
Our Union Mission
- Socioeconomic Justice & Equity
- Solidarity and Unity
- Job security Opportunities for professional growth
- A safe workplace and a healthy work environment
Our Families & Students
- Classrooms that are conducive to learning
- Access to school counselors, nurses, psychologists, and social workers
- Educators who know students by name
- Access to opportunities, no matter what you look like where you're from, or how much money your parents have.
- Schools that bring together academics, health, and social services, youth and community development, and community engagement.
We believe that a well-rounded public education should prepare students for career/college and full participation as an active and informed community member, regardless of race, class, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or zip code.
We also recognize that a well-rounded public education includes, but is not limited to giving students a strong start, and providing students with an enriched, diverse and comprehensive whole-child education that allows them to:
- Obtain essential knowledge and skills
- Engage in critical/creative thinking
- Develop independent inquiry skills and an appreciation for the arts, music and literature
- Improve their physical/emotional health
- Develop academic discipline/proficiencies
- Develop and use information literacy skills to become career/college ready
- Prepare for leadership roles in their communities
Our goal is to empower productive, ethical, self-confident community members who are ready to participate in a free and democratic society.
Contact Us2540 Coral Ave NE, Salem, OR 97305
Phone: (503) 364-8612